Results, Ridings and Candidates
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||284/284 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Party: Christian Heritage Party
Birthdate: May 22, 1960
Education: Studied occupational health and safety management at Ryerson University's Chang School. Studied computer assisted and mechanical drafting at Mohawk College.
Profession: Works for First Student Canada
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Olga
Children: Four boys
Career Background: Worked in construction for 30 years before a workplace accident.
30 Eleanor Crescent
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Education: B.Sc. from St. Francis Xavier University, M.Sc. in chemistry, specialized in environmental biochemical toxicology, from the University of Guelph and LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School.
Profession: Business executive
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Dave
Children: Two - John Colin and Billy
Career Background: President and chief executive officer of the Toronto Port Authority. Recently elected chair of the Association of Canadian Port Authorities.
Community Activities: Canvasser and fundraiser for the Canadian National Institute for the Blind and for her children’s hockey, soccer and gymnastics organizations.
13 Charles St. Suite 104
Party: Green Party of Canada
Education: Honours degree in science from Queen's University
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Kevin
Community Activities: Has been a full-time volunteer with the Halton District School Board in a number of capacities, including: school council chair, special education advisory committee chair, parent involvement committee conference chair and IT partnership for learners committee member. Also a member of the Ward 5 citizen's advisory committee and the Orchard Residents' Association. Helped organize Earth Day activities, is a member of the Eco-Team at her youngest child's school and is involved in her church's environment committee. Teaches martial arts.
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Birthdate: Mar. 14, 1949
Birthplace: Woodstock, Ont.
Education: BA Honours in English literature, University of Toronto
Profession: Author, broadcaster, entrepreneur
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Dorothy
Career Background: Over the past decade, has authored seven books on business and finance, hosted a business television show and has travelled nationally as a speaker. He has held positions with the Globe and Mail, Sun Media, Maclean's, CTV and other major media corporations. Is founder and CEO of Toronto-based Millennium Media Television, one of the country's largest independent producers of network television programming. He and his wife founded the Credit River Company, which has purchased, restored and is operating several heritage landmarks, including the 1888 Belfountain Village Store, the 1855 Cataract Inn and 1828 Caledon Inn.
Community Activities: Serves as a national director of the Vancouver-based Sierra Legal Defence Fund. He has served as national spokesperson for the Alzheimer Society of Canada and has spoken across Canada on the need for better policies to deal with our aging population.
Federal: Elected in Halton-Peel as a Progressive Conservative in the 1988 general election. Defeated there in 1993. Elected in Halton as a member of the Conservative Party of Canada in 2006. Was expelled from the party and sat briefly as an Independent before joining the Liberal Party.
Committee: Was a member of the committees on Finance, Government Operations and Estimates, and Scrutiny of Regulations.
Caucus: During the last session of Paliament sat first in the Conservative caucus then in the Independent caucus and finally in the Liberal caucus.
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthdate: Jan. 13, 1979
Education: Bachelor's degree in economics, Wilfrid Laurier University; post-graduate diploma in international business from Sheridan Institute
Career Background: Works for the City of Hamilton as parks coordinator. Before that, held the title of election officer for the City of Hamilton.
Community Activities: Elected union steward for CUPE 5167. Former umpire coordinator and trainer for Oakville Little League Baseball. Former event coordinator for Kitchener BIA. Has raised funds for the Terry Fox Run by running every year since 2003. Has raised funds for the World Wildlife Fund as a CN tower climber since 2004.
Municipal: Ran for Oakville Town Council in 2003.
Office Phone: 416-951-9508
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- Canadian Tire Centre replaces Scotiabank Place video
- The Ottawa Senators announced Tuesday morning that Scotiabank Place will be renamed the Canadian Tire Centre.
- 'Fireball' erupted during blaze on Pathway Private video
- Police say the extensive damage caused by a large fire in Ottawa's Redwood neighbourhood early Tuesday morning may make it difficult to find out how it started.
- Ottawa jazz singer Kellylee Evans struck by lightning video
- Local jazz singer Kellylee Evans, scheduled to perform at the Ottawa Jazz Festival this week, is recovering at home after her house was struck by lightning two weeks ago.
- South Ottawa bridge delay hard to 'swallow' video
- A delay in construction for the new Jockvale Bridge has hit a feathery wall, the protected barn swallows nesting at the site.
- Ottawa craft beer breweries fuel Ontario boom video
- LCBO saw its profits rise by four per cent and it thanked new stores and "efficiencies," but the largest rise in profits came from craft beer, including several Ottawa breweries.
Toronto Headlines »
- new New Parkdale bylaw would restrict bars, nightclubs video
- A number of Toronto city councillors say they are interested in a new bylaw aimed at restricting the growth of bars and nighclubs in the Parkdale neighbourhood.
- Toronto's Dufferin Street named worst Ontario road again video
- The Canadian Automobile Association has released its list of Ontario's worst roads and Toronto roads occupy four of the roads on the list.
- new Experimental drug shows promise in treating breast, ovarian cancer video
- Canadian-U.S. team of researchers has developed a new 'sharp-shooter' drug they hope will be a breakthrough in treating several types of cancer.
- Toronto man making his mark with safecracking skills video
- A master safecracker from Toronto recently won a prestigious contest in the United States.
- new Couple baffled over burger franchise lockout video
- A couple are baffled as to why they have been locked out a Toronto burger franchise that they have been running for more than a year, given that they have made their rent payments each month.