Results, Ridings and Candidates
Bruce - Grey - Owen Sound
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||224/224 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Party: Christian Heritage Party
Education: Electronics engineering technologist diploma from the RCC Institute of Technology.
Profession: Electronics technologist
Career Background: Has worked in the satellite telecommunications industry since 2003.
Provincial: Ran in Beaches-East York for the Family Coalition Party of Ontario in the 2007 provincial election.
495131 Grey Road 2
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Birthdate: July 21, 1956
Birthplace: Wiarton, Ont.
Profession: Owner of a beef farm
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Darlene
Career Background: Chair of the transition board for Derby, Keppel and Sarawak Amalgamation, 1999. Member of county's general government committee, 1999 to 2000; chair of the county's transportation and public safety committee, 2001. Warden of Grey County, 2002. Member of the county's social services committee, 2002, and of its planning and community development committee, 2002 to 2003. Deputy warden of Grey County, 2003 to 2004. Chair of the county's finance and personnel committee, 2003 to 2004. Other achievements include serving on the Niagara escarpment commission and the provincial land division committee. Charter member and vice-chair of the Twin County Feeder Finance Co-operative.
Municipal: Keppel municipal councillor, 1991 to 1993. Deputy reeve of Keppel 1994 to 1996. Reeve of Keppel, 1997 to 1999. Councillor of Grey County, 2000 to 2001. Mayor of Georgian Bluffs, 2000 to 2004.
Federal: Elected in Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound in 2004 and 2006.
Committee: Member: Agriculture and Agri-Food.
Caucus: Member of the Conservative caucus.
Party: Green Party of Canada
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Sandra Lee
Children: Andrew and Kristen
Career Background: He works for Bruce Power, a national nuclear generating company, primarily in planning, scheduling and co-ordinating maintenance activities.
Community Activities: Served as director of the Grey Sauble Conservation Authority for 13 years and chair of Conservation Ontario.
Municipal: First elected as councillor in Owen Sound in 1994. He served for three terms until he retired in 2003.
833 Second Avenue East
Owen Sound, Ont.
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Career Background: Operates his own computer network company.
640 10th St. West, Unit 3
Owen Sound, Ont.
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthdate: June 30, 1955
Birthplace: Hamilton, Ont.
Education: Graduated as a registered practical nurse in 1973; is a graduate of the operating room technician program at Humber College in 1976.
Profession: Registered practical nurse, operating room technician
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Peter
Children: Four - Sherry, Eric, Michel and Meg
Career Background: Has worked in health care for 32 years, and has held positions in health care in Hamilton, Ottawa and Toronto. Since 1988 has been employed in nursing at Markdale Hospital. Is in her third term as president of Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU), Local 260, representing 920 members in health care. Activist with the Ontario Health Coalition. Chair of Provincial Health Care Support Sector 11, executive of the provincial health-care divisional committee, OPSEU. Member of the advisory committee for the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care for local health integration networks (LHINs).
Federal: Ran unsuccessfully in this riding in the 2006 general election.
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- Driver dead after Regional Road 174 rollover
- A 56-year-old man died after his vehicle rolled into a ditch and ended upside down in a ravine south of Regional Road 174 in Cumberland.
- NDP wants RCMP inquiry into $90K payment to Duffy video
- The NDP has asked the RCMP to launch an investigation into the $90,000 payment from the prime minister's former top aide, Nigel Wright, to Senator Mike Duffy in relation to the Senate expense scandal.
- Senators get back in series with double OT winner video
- Ottawa Senators winger Colin Greening scored the game winner more than seven minutes into the second overtime period to give the Senators a 2-1 win and give them life in their series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Border collies enlisted to keep geese from experimental farm
- Canada geese have destroyed hundreds of thousands of dollars in research at the Central Experimental Farm in recent years, so much so that border collies have now been hired to keep the pesky birds away.
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal video
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy.
Toronto Headlines »
- Will alleged Rob Ford video overshadow Toronto casino debate? video
- A debate about a proposed downtown casino is supposed to take centre stage at Toronto City Hall on Tuesday, but it seems a safe bet that a still-unseen video of Mayor Rob Ford will continue to be a topic of conversation.
- Unknown remains found on Dellen Millard's farm
- Police searching the farm of Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder after the remains of Ancaster, Ont., man Tim Bosma were discovered, have found other remains on the property, but it's unclear if they are human or animal.
- Man shot dead at barbecue near Ossington and Dundas video
- A 67-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder after allegedly shooting a man with a rifle at a family barbecue in downtown Toronto Sunday night.
- new Baseball fuels dreams, desperation in Dominican Republic video
- The Toronto Blue Jays have a number of stars from the Dominican Republic, but in the shadow of these successful players is an equally important story about hope and poverty, and a country desperately struggling to balance the two.
- Hidden camera catches abuse at Ontario seniors facility video
- The Ontario government and police are investigating a long-term care facility after a hidden video camera captured an elderly woman with dementia being abused by her caregivers.