Results, Ridings and Candidates
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||265/265 polls|
|LIB||Lloyd St. Amand||17,839||
|NDP||Brian Van Tilborg||9,297||
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Discuss what's on your mind
CBCNews.ca has created 308 blogs — one for each riding in Canada — for Canadians to discuss local races, candidates and issues.
Post your reports on what's happening in your local race, what the hot issues are, what candidates are saying, and what you think will determine the outcome of the race.
(You can also read what readers wrote about during the last federal election campaign in the 2006 election's Riding Talk).
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- updated Montreal mayor resigns amid corruption charges video
- Montreal Mayor Michael Applebaum has resigned in the wake of corruption charges being laid against him, although he maintains he is innocent.
- Canadian Tire Centre replaces Scotiabank Place
- The Ottawa Senators announced Tuesday morning that Scotiabank Place will be renamed the Canadian Tire Centre.
- Ottawa jazz singer struck by lightning
- Local jazz singer Kellylee Evans, scheduled to perform at the Ottawa Jazz Festival this week, is confined to a wheelchair and recovering at home after her house was struck by lightning two weeks ago.
- Ottawa craft beer breweries fuel Ontario boom video
- LCBO saw its profits rise by four per cent and it thanked new stores and "efficiencies," but the largest rise in profits came from craft beer, including several Ottawa breweries.
- 'Fireball' erupted during blaze on Pathway Private video
- Police say the extensive damage caused by a large fire in Ottawa's Redwood neighbourhood early Tuesday morning may make it difficult to find out how it started.
Toronto Headlines »
- Toronto's Dufferin Street named worst Ontario road again
- The Canadian Automobile Association has released its list of Ontario's worst roads and Toronto roads occupy four of the roads on the list.
- Somali community claims police brutality in Dixon raids
- Outraged Somali-Canadian community members are accusing police and tactical squads of racial profiling and unnecessary abuse of innocent residents during last week's Project Traveller raids in the west end.
- Former McGuinty staffer grilled about gas plants
- A former top aide to ex-premier Dalton McGuinty fended off allegations today that senior Liberal staffers were directed to delete emails about two cancelled Toronto-area power plants as part of a cost coverup.
- new Chrysler agrees to recall 2.9 million Jeep SUVs in U.S., Canada
- Chrysler avoided a showdown with U.S. government safety regulators Tuesday, agreeing to recall 2.7 million older Jeep Grand Cherokee and Liberty SUVs in the U.S. and 180,000 in Canada that could be at risk of a fuel tank fire.
- new Experimental drug shows promise in treating breast, ovarian cancer
- Canadian-U.S. team of researchers has developed a new 'sharp-shooter' drug they hope will be a breakthrough in treating several types of cancer.