Results, Ridings and Candidates
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||284/284 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Birthplace: Brampton, Ont.
Education: Law degree, University of Western Ontario; BA in political science, University of Nebraska
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Liana
Children: Two - Aidan and Maya
Career Background: Lawyer with Simmons Da Silva & Sinton LLP. Member of the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations. Member of the Peel Law Association.
134 Queen Street East, Suite 301
Party: Green Party of Canada
Birthplace: Moncton, N.B.
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Stan
Career Background: Held an administrative position with the Association of Ontario Health Centres and the Canadian Alliance of Community Health Centre Associations. Has co-ordinated and provided the logistics for two think tanks that brought together researchers, academics and primary health-care decision makers from across the country. Has also worked with an international children’s charity and with Fife House, a supportive, rent-geared-to-income housing organization for people living with HIV/AIDS.
Community Activities: Has volunteered with organizations working on such issues as arthritis and other chronic illnesses, rent-geared-to-income housing, poverty and health care.
50 Inglewood Drive
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Education: Has a law degree from the University of Toronto and a graduate degree in law from Leicester University in the U.K.
Marital Status: Married
Career Background: Is a senior partner at his family law firm Kania Lawyers.
2 Fisherman Dr., Unit 8-9
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthplace: Punjab region of India; came to Canada in 1992.
Education: Studied agricultural science, Punjab Agricultural University and Olds College in Alberta
Profession: Investment and insurance executive
Career Background: Owner of Peel Investments and Insurance Company.
Community Activities: Vice-president of P.A.R.C., a coalition of people in Brampton opposed to the storage of radioactive waste in the area. Member of the Sierra Club, the Brampton Health Coalition and a business connection group known as the Breakfast Club.
Municipal: Candidate for Brampton City Council in 2006.
Federal: Ran unsuccessfully in this riding in the 2006 general election.
110 Fletchers Creek Blvd.
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Ottawa Headlines »
- Driver dead after Regional Road 174 rollover
- A 56-year-old man died after his vehicle rolled into a ditch and ended upside down in a ravine south of Regional Road 174 in Cumberland.
- NDP wants RCMP inquiry into $90K payment to Duffy video
- The NDP has asked the RCMP to launch an investigation into the $90,000 payment from the prime minister's former top aide, Nigel Wright, to Senator Mike Duffy in relation to the Senate expense scandal.
- Senators get back in series with double OT winner video
- Ottawa Senators winger Colin Greening scored the game winner more than seven minutes into the second overtime period to give the Senators a 2-1 win and give them life in their series with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Border collies enlisted to keep geese from experimental farm
- Canada geese have destroyed hundreds of thousands of dollars in research at the Central Experimental Farm in recent years, so much so that border collies have now been hired to keep the pesky birds away.
- Harper chief of staff resigns amid Senate expense scandal video
- Nigel Wright has resigned as Prime Minister Stephen Harper's chief of staff, following revelations he wrote a $90,000 cheque to repay living expenses claimed by Senator Mike Duffy.
Toronto Headlines »
- Will alleged Ford video overshadow Toronto casino debate? video
- A debate about a proposed downtown casino is supposed to take centre stage at Toronto City Hall on Tuesday, but it seems a safe bet that a still-unseen video of Mayor Rob Ford will continue to be a topic of conversation.
- Unknown remains found on Dellen Millard's farm
- Police searching the farm of Dellen Millard, the 27-year-old charged with first-degree murder after the remains of Ancaster, Ont., man Tim Bosma were discovered, have found other remains on the property, but it's unclear if they are human or animal.
- Man shot dead at barbecue near Ossington and Dundas video
- A 67-year-old man has been charged with first-degree murder after allegedly shooting a man with a rifle at a family barbecue in downtown Toronto Sunday night.
- Hidden camera catches abuse at Ontario seniors facility video
- The Ontario government and police are investigating a long-term care facility after a hidden video camera captured an elderly woman with dementia being abused by her caregivers.
- exclusive Canadian on EI shut out amid foreign worker influx video
- A jobless Canadian IT professional who is collecting employment insurance is upset because he now suspects several recent jobs he applied for went to temporary foreign workers.