Results, Ridings and Candidates
Verchères - Les Patriotes
|Party||Candidate||Votes||Vote Share (%)||Status|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008 5:00 PM EST||214/214 polls|
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.View these results in the interactive map »
Party: Bloc Québécois
Birthdate: Nov. 2, 1973
Birthplace: Contrecoeur, Que.
Education: MBA, University of Sherbrooke
Profession: Advisor, business development consultant
Career Background: Parliamentary attaché and chief of staff to the Member of Parliament for Verchères-Les Patriotes, 1996-2001. Political attaché to the Member of Parliament for Verchères-Les Patriotes, 2003-2004. Research associate to the Member of Parliament for Verchères-Les Patriotes, 2005-present. Analyst-writer for various quantitative and qualitative studies, 1995-2004. Coordinator of entrepreneurial assistance services, CLD de la Baie-James.
Federal: Elected in this riding in the 2006 general election.
Committee: Member of the committees on Canadian Heritage, Health and Official Languages.
Caucus: Member of the Bloc Québécois caucus.
1085 Lionel Boulet Blvd, Suite A
Constituency office: 450-652-4442
Party: Conservative Party of Canada
Birthdate: Aug. 5, 1966
Education: MA. Graduate diploma in educational administration from Sherbrooke University
Profession: High school principal
Marital Status: Married
Name of Spouse: Danielle Selman
Career Background: Has been a high school principal since 2001. Previously an education professional with Immigration Québec and taught French as a second language to adult immigrants and youth. Was elected to Boucherville school council from 1994 to 1998.
7440 place Tremblay
Party: Green Party of Canada
Education: Degree in administration from the University of Quebec in Montreal. Currently pursuing a graduate degree in health, environment and disaster management from the University of Montreal
Profession: Graduate student
Party: Liberal Party of Canada
Education: University graduate
Profession: In field of retail sales, marketing, product development and business relations
Community Activities: Member of the Amnesty International Brébeuf club.
Party: New Democratic Party of Canada
Birthplace: Montreal, Que.
Education: Has a bachelor's degree in business administration.
Career Background: Works in the hospitality industry and also works as an intervener in a residence for adults with various disorders.
Community Activities: Helped in the development of a benefit show in Singapore called Imagine Movement, to aid disadvantaged children of Southeast Asia.
|Party||Elected||Leading||Total||Vote Share (%)|
|Updated: Nov. 7, 2008, 5:00 PM EST|
Choose a format to view results for all ridings and parties:
Unofficial results were updated at the time shown following judicial recounts in six ridings. For more recent results, visit Elections Canada. The CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites. External links will open in a new window.
My Riding & Riding Talk
Get the latest voting results for your riding. Have your say about what's important in your own riding. Read profiles about your candidates, get riding-related information and join the debate.
Montreal Headlines »
- recap Impact remain unbeaten at home with win over Dynamo
- Felipe Martins and Marco Di Vaio scored in the first half Wednesday as the Montreal Impact remained undefeated at home with a 2-0 victory over the Houston Dynamo.
- Montreal to get new mayor on Tuesday video
- Alan DeSousa, the anglophone mayor of Montreal's St-Laurent borough, has thrown his hat into the ring to become Montreal's third mayor in seven months.
- Laval's corrupt image scares off choral festival sponsors audio
- The founder and driving force behind Laval, Que.'s annual international choral festival says allegations of corruption at Laval city hall have driven away some of the festival's sponsors.
- Que. construction strike creates obstacles for home buyers video
- As the province-wide construction strike enters its third day, Quebecers are dealing with the consequences of projects large and small being left at a standstill.
- Mirabel to house new $9.5M fuselage assembly plant
- European aerospace manufacturer Aerolia has selected the industrial park at Mirabel airport northwest of Montreal as the site for a fuselage aerostructures plant that will assemble parts for some of Bombardier's business jets.