Latest Windsor News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Windsor
Several reservists from Windsor-Essex are off to CFB Borden to help screen, welcome and protect Syrian refugees arriving Canada.
Mike Ngo, father to Thianna, has been buying her Shopkins for two years, since she was six. He says it's difficult to find the toys in Windsor and buys them when he works in the United States and when he goes on vacation. He says he's spent about $2,000 on the toys.
Shopkins are a collection of tiny plastic shopping items that have been anthropomorphized - and they're the hottest toy right now. We discussed the craze with UOIT education professor Laura Pinto.
Top News Headlines
- Shopkins toy craze cresting in Canada as Christmas nears
- Snow tires already in demand across Ontario
- Rev. Robert Couture's trips to Europe, Disney funded by stolen cash, court told
- Highway 401 reopens after crash near Chatham involving 3 trucks
- Abars closes its doors, owners claim landlord-tenant dispute
- Syrian refugees: Windsor army reservists on refugee mission
- Work continues on Sarnia overpass after truck crash
- Why Shopkins appeal to kids
- Syrian refugees: Windsor said to lack leadership for new arrivals
- Highway 402 closed for a week near Sarnia as truck slams into overpass