Windsor teen charged with arson for garage fire that caused $100K in damage
20-year-old found with severe burns just 800 metres from fire
An 18-year-old from Windsor has been charged with arson in connection with a garage fire on Arthur Road that caused an estimated $100,000 in damage.
Emergency crews were called to a home near the corner of Milloy Street and Ellrose Avenue after reports of an injured person and found a 20-year-old with extensive burns to his arms and legs, according to Windsor police.
The man was transported to hospital and his injuries are described as "severe, but not life-threatening."
Police also found a pair of shoes believed to belong to the man that smelled strongly of gasoline.
Windsor Fire and Rescue Services were battling a blaze at a garage on Arthur Road about 800 metres away and police were told the badly burned man had been with an 18-year-old earlier.
The teen was found at a home on Jos Janisse Avenue, suffering from minor burns and with his clothes smelling of gas, stated Const. Steve Betteridge in a media release.
The Windsor Police Arson Unit and Ontario Fire Marshal's Office are continuing to investigate.