West-end Windsor homes evacuated after gas line struck
Firefighters have since stopped the leak
Several homes were evacuated in Windsor's west-end after a gas line was struck early Friday afternoon.
The incident occurred shortly after 1 p.m. on California Avenue near Westview Freedom Academy Secondary School when construction workers accidentally struck a gas line.
Within half an hour of the line being struck, Windsor firefighters reported the gas leak had been stopped and ventilation was provided to sewers in order to disperse gas.
1375 California ventilation is complete repair of gas line underway. *JL—@WindsorFire1