The City of Windsor will be holding a special garbage pickup for neighbourhoods that have experienced flood damage after record breaking downpours earlier this week.
The city says it received a large amount of calls to its 311 service asking about the garbage pickup, and advises residents to call the number and register their address if they want the pickup
The 311 call centre will be staffed Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. to give people extra time to register for the service.
Here's what you can put out for special pickup:
NOTE: The hard sided container by-law will be waived for this collection.
- Damaged material should be at the curb by 6 a.m. Monday morning. The normal pick-up schedule will continue as usual.
- Flood damaged materials such as rugs, which should be cut and bundled in four-foot lengths, couches, furniture and building materials. Nails should be removed from wood and drywall.
- Crews will not pick up appliances, electronics, metal items or loose material.
- All items must be placed at the curb in garbage bags and must not weigh more than 20 kg. Bags should not be stacked, but side-by-side.
- Household chemical waste such as paint cans and other chemicals should not be put out on the curb. They should be dropped off at the Household Chemical Waste Depot.
- People can also bring all flood damaged items to the Public Drop Off Depot. Fees will apply.