Sarnia firefighters rescue family dog from house fire
All of the people were out of the home at the time of the fire
Sarnia firefighters rescued a family pet from a house fire Thursday.
Emergency crews arrived at a home on Wiltshire Drive and contained a "significant" fire in the kitchen.
All of the residents were out of the building at the time of the fire, but crews performed a search and rescue and found the family dog in the basement.
Crews from <a href="https://twitter.com/SarniaFire?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SarniaFire</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/SarniaPolice?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@SarniaPolice</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/LambtonEMS?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@LambtonEMS</a> are on scene on structure fire on Wiltshire Dr. Everyone was out of the home at the time of the fire. Firefighters performed a search & rescue and were able to rescue the family's dog. <a href="https://t.co/2T0e3dRFmg">pic.twitter.com/2T0e3dRFmg</a>—@SarniaFire
The cause of the fire was found to be the heat from one of the burners on the stove, which ignited a nearby combustible.
Damage is estimated at $200,000.