Several roads in downtown Windsor will be closed from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning for the city's 125th anniversary celebrations.
Closed from 12:01 p.m. Friday, May 19 until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, May 21
- Ouellette Ave. between University Ave. and Park St.
Closed from 5:00 p.m. Friday, May 19 until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, May 21
- Ouellette Ave. between University Ave. and Chatham St.
- Ouellette Ave. between Chatham St. and Pitt St.
- University and Chatham St. cross streets will remain open until 7:00 p.m. Friday
Closed from 7:00 p.m. Friday, May 19 until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, May 21
- Riverside Dr. W between Goyeau St. and Bruce Ave.
- Church St., Pitt St. and Riverside Dr. W.
- Ferry St. will close north of the entrance and exit to the Ferry St. garage.
- Ouellette Ave. between Pitt St. and Riverside Dr.
- University Ave. between the Goyeau St. parking garage and Pelissier St. will close at 7:00 p.m.
- University Ave. W between Pelissier St. and Victoria St.will close at 7:00 p.m., though Pelissier will remain a through street.
- Chatham St. between the Chatham St. parking garage and Pelissier St.
- Ouellette Ave. between Giles St. and Park St. will be closed temporarily with a rolling barricade for the Mission Mile Run from 7:00 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. This closure will reopen fully by 7:45 p.m.
Official detour route
The City of Windsor says eastbound traffic should divert on Janette Ave., to Wyandotte St., to Aylmer St. to Riverside Dr. East. Westbound traffic should divert on Glengarry Ave. to Wyandotte St. to Bruce Avenue to Riverside Drive West.
According to the city, McDougall St., Goyeau St., Park St., Pelissier St. and Victoria Ave. will remain open throughout the road closure period.