Remembrance Day in Windsor was cool, wet and sombre. CBC Windsor reporters were there to capture the moment.
Photos from Remembrance Day in Windsor
Hundreds turned out at Windsor's cenotaph Monday
By Nathan Swinn, CBC News Posted: Nov 11, 2013 1:03 PM ET Last Updated: Nov 11, 2013 1:50 PM ET
Latest Windsor News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
CBC TV News, Weather and Sports from Windsor
While most of us in the southwest are looking forward to a weekend of fun in the sun, the two biggest political parties in Canada are hotly debating policy at their conventions. And a Liberal from Windsor is pitching a policy about islamaphobia.
The Downtown Windsor Farmers' Market opens this weekend. Jonathan told us about new vendor "Dances in Garden", a new vendor selling sprouts and microgreens grown in Ford City.
It's become an annual tradition at CBC Windsor. Bike to Work Day is back. It's one week from today - next Friday. To get you in the biking mood, we turned to avid cyclist Chris Waters for tips about riding in the heat and humidity.
Top News Headlines
- Yes, that's a car parked on a pedestrian bridge in Windsor
- Federal Liberals consider cracking down on Islamophobia
- Hot Windsor weather has local health unit concerned
- 5 tips to stay cool and safe during Windsor's hot weather
- Heat prompts special weather statement for Windsor
- 12-year-old charged with assault for allegedly shoving teacher
- Windsorite caught smuggling cocaine in engine block into Canada, CBSA says
- Not just alfalfa: sprouts and microgreens at the Downtown Windsor Farmers' Market
- University of Windsor invasive species research centre closes
- Don't leave pets in hot cars, OPP warns