Latest Windsor News Headlines
Latest Audio and Video
Mike Ngo, father to Thianna, has been buying her Shopkins for two years, since she was six. He says it's difficult to find the toys in Windsor and buys them when he works in the United States and when he goes on vacation. He says he's spent about $2,000 on the toys.
Shopkins are a collection of tiny plastic shopping items that have been anthropomorphized - and they're the hottest toy right now. We discussed the craze with UOIT education professor Laura Pinto.
The local Catholic school board has had two weeks to digest the reality that the provincial government gave them no money to replace Catholic Central. The issue was front and centre at a board meeting last night. We spoke to chair Barbara Holland.
Canada will be accepting 25,000 refugees, just not as quickly as the Liberal government had promised. We talked about the plan with UWindsor law professor Anneke Smit.
Top News Headlines
- Putin orders air defence missiles to Syria after Turkey downs warplane
- Justin Trudeau's broken refugee pledge may be his smartest move yet: Chris Hall
- Why big telcos aren't stopping relentless telemarketing calls, even though they can
- 500 Canadian officials head to Mideast for vetting of Syrian refugees
- Shopkins toy craze cresting in Canada as Christmas nears
- Rev. Robert Couture's trips to Europe, Disney funded by stolen cash, court told
- Snow tires already in demand across Ontario
- Cash crunch no excuse for cut severance for axed employees, court rules
- Michael Moore offers Michigan apartment to Syrian refugees
- Windsor police constable Dorothy Nesbeth loses appeal
- Milk bags crocheted into sleeping mats for Windsor's homeless
- Catholic schools in Amherstburg, west Windsor, Leamington up for review
- Windsor lacks details about arrival of Syrian refugees
- Highway 402 closed for a week near Sarnia as truck slams into overpass