Hammer attack victim released from hospital, full recovery expected
Windsor hammer attack victim released from hospital
The victim of an hammer attack in Windsor has been released from hospital.
The 13-year-old boy had been recovering in hospital since Friday.
Rosa Mitchell says her son, Jacob, is expected to make a full recovery.
Jacob and his mom went shopping Monday for a birthday gift for Jacob's brother, Joshua, who turns 15 Tuesday.
Police say the boy was walking in the area of Church and Erie streets when he was hit on the head several times with a hammer.
The boy lives down the street from where the attack took place, police say.
He was sent to London hospital with multiple skull fractures and was in serious condition before stablizing.
Police have charged a 28-year-old Windsor man with attempted murder.
Officers found the suspect sitting by the side of the road and he was arrested without incident, he said.
The boy was off school for a PA Day, but that police were not aware of any conversation that may have taken place between the victim and the suspect, or whether the two know each other.