Fire Department reminds residents of '12 Days of Fire Safety'
Windsor Fire is reminding residents to be extra vigilant when it comes to fire safety over the holidays, as there is an increased risk.
To make Windsorites aware, the fire department is nearing the end of their Christmas countdown, "12 Days of Fire Safety."
Here is the full list.
- Keep real trees watered. Dry trees can be a fire hazard.
- Inspect decorative lights. Faulty wires and defects are a hazard.
- Working smoke alarms are a must at the holidays and all year.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors.
- Develop and practice a fire safety plan for your home, including marking exits.
- Use extension cords wisely.
- Be careful with space heaters.
- Don't leave candles unattended if they are burning.
- Keep matches locked away.
- Watch what you heat.
- Smoke outside.
- Drink responsibly.