The man gunned down at an Oak Street home last week was facing criminal charges in connection with a drive-by shooting in September.
Alekesji Guzhavin, 30, was found dead when police responded to several reports of gun shots at 187 Oak Street on Dec. 23. A second victim was sent to hospital in critical condition.
Windsor police confirmed Tuesday that Guzhavin was the same person charged in the drive-by shooting that occurred near the intersection of Howard Avenue and Erie Street on Sept. 9.
Police are not concerned about the rise of gang-related activity in the city, according to Staff Sgt. Dave Keiger.
"There is a concern about their criminal activity, but they're not necessarily associated to a specific gang," he said.
A motorist caught the September incident on video with a dashboard camera. Footage shows a green Toyota pull alongside a black Jaguar that was already stopped at a light.
A male passenger extends his arm out the window of the Toyota and fires a handgun at the Jaguar. After the shooting, the Jaguar appears to chase after the Toyota.
A stray bullet hit the vehicle with the dashboard camera, going through the windshield, through the driver's collar and into the seat.
Few details have been released about the latest shooting on Oak Street since last week when Windsor police charged Dia Hanan, 32, with first-degree murder and attempted murder.
Investigators have not determined what caused the fight that lead to the shootout.
"We're still trying to determine the motive, that's the issue at hand." Keiger said.