Everything you need to know to start your day. More
The longest-serving member of Windsor city council sees a problem developing among the current personnel of elected officials. Bill Marra says a "consistent six to four divide on certain votes" could create "an unhealthy work environment."
Investigators with Windsor fire and the Ontario Fire Marshal's office will continue to examine the scene of a fatal fire that left a 19-year-old University of Windsor student dead and five others taken to hospital.
Protecting against future flooding was top-of-mind for Ward 7 residents at their ward meeting. That area had been the hardest-hit in the city during the widespread flooding in September and about 200 residents voiced their frustration with Coun. Irek Kusmierczyk Wednesday.
The Belgian government has reached a deal to back the free trade pact between the European Union and Canada that was originally supposed to be signed today. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's trip is postponed until all of Belgium's regional parliaments approve a new declaration.
The former president of the Detroit City Council pleaded guilty Wednesday to criminal sexual conduct with a teen more than a decade ago when he was a TV journalist.
Anne Snowdon at the University of Windsor says the health-care system needs to track everything.
Windsor Police have arrested one person and issued warrants for three more suspects in an assault that still has the victim in the hospital in critical condition.
As unthinkable as the alleged crimes of Elizabeth Wettlaufer may be, the Woodstock, Ontario nurse is not alone as a health care professional accused of murdering multiple patients.
Tuesday's protests against Prime Minister Justin Trudeau reflect a growing discontent with the Liberal government over affordable education and a lack of jobs for young Canadians, say youth leaders.
Former Windsor Spitfire Ben Johnson could be looking at being banned from Canada for life. Windsor immigration lawyer Eddie Kadri speaks about the legal consequences for Johnson.
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit wants more people to get the flu vaccination.
Windsor Fire and Rescue reports a 19-year old man studying at the University of Windsor died in a west-end house fire overnight Wednesday.
The police chief in Woodstock, Ont. is reaching out to his community one day after charges were laid against a former nurse accused of murdering eight elderly people.video
The Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation has released its fall forecast and expects the rate of new homes being built in Windsor to remain strong.
Olympic gold-medalist Michael Phelps will be in Windsor for the FINA World Swimming Championships in December, but it’s still unclear whether he will be in the pool, City of Windsor officials say.
When Dan Duma returned home for his final days, the publicly funded healthcare he grew up with was suddenly gone, and all he did was leave Ontario.
Before charging a former nurse with first-degree murder in the deaths of eight nursing-home patients, police in Woodstock, Ont., subjected Elizabeth Tracey Mae Wettlaufer to a peace bond that barred her from long-term care facilities and retirement homes.
Windsor's economy has improved dramatically since the last municipal election, exactly two years ago. That's a major theme in the mid-term report cards CBC News presents today.
Severe weather warnings or watches in effect for:
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
A mix of sun and cloud
Chance of showers
Pinto on Food
Windsor Morning's Jonathan Pinto learns about the malt vinegar produced by Midian Brewing on Wyandotte Street
Check this blog often for fun things to do in Windsor-Essex
Your community could end up the site of a live broadcast
Tune in at 4 p.m.
Connecting people to their southwestern Ontario communities.
Channels & Frequencies
Television: Channel 9 (CBET), 10 (COGECO), 587 (Bell TV), 644 (Shaw)
Radio One:97.5 FM
Radio Two: 89.9 FM
Find your local CBC Channels & Frequencies »
Marketsquare features local listings and deals from CBC partners
- Deaths and injuries from landmines down dramatically, 20 years after global treaty
- Gingrich is above discussing sex lives of politicians? That's a howler: Keith Boag
- Two-thirds of wild animals will disappear by 2020, and humans are to blame, WWF says
- Quakes cause fear, injuries, widespread damage in central Italy
- Glenn Greenwald weighs in on WikiLeaks data dump on Clinton
- 'There's a big problem': Two-thirds of Tragically Hip tickets weren't sold directly to fans
- Where you're locked up determines how much time you spend in solitary confinement
- Parents find son's lifeless body after pharmacy switches sleep medication for toxic dose of another drug
- Ugly questions loom after look at U.S. Justice Department's police racism files: Neil Macdonald
- Amid shouting and jeering, Trudeau insists on a little etiquette
- CETA: After 3 missed deadlines, why isn't the Canada-EU summit cancelled?
- Donald Trump's support nationally may be overstated, state polls suggest
- 'We're stoked': Allan Hawco celebrates as Frontier nails another season, ahead of premiere
- Judge bars Prince heir of estate claim for people claiming to be his niece, grandniece
- Trump takes a hit: Man smashes Hollywood star of U.S. presidential candidate
- Barry Jenkins's Moonlight casts gritty story in loving light
- Energy saving rules mean more net zero home builds, incentives to retrofit older homes
- How the Muskrat Falls dam in Labrador risks poisoning Inuit food sources
- Stop looking at your phone: Majority of Canadians support legislation to ban distracted walking
- 'There's no way for you to know': Why so-called smart devices are putting us all at risk
- After taking in a disabled Haitian orphan, an Ottawa family makes an excruciating decision
- Her husband's sex assault trial ended with a bizarre twist, so this woman went public
- Make America White Again: Why Donald Trump plays the race card
- Clinton vs. Trump: Follow the race for the White House with CBC's presidential poll tracker
- Attawapiskat without permanent mental health workers, months after suicide crisis
- Manitoba condemns Ottawa on discrimination against Indigenous peoples
- Scientists back Inuit in efforts to limit mercury poisoning risk from Muskrat Falls hydro project
- After 4 years in solitary confinement, Adam Capay moves to new cell