The effects of post-tropical storm Sandy are being felt across Ontario and Quebec. Here are the latest closures, cancellations and delays:
Highways, roads and ferries
- Some Ontario highways and roads are closed due to fallen power lines and washouts. See what roads are affected.
- In Quebec, ferry service is closed between Matane - Baie-Comeau - Godbout until 2 p.m. Tuesday. Check for updates and Quebec road conditions.
- Toronto's TTC is experiencing some service disruptions with certain routes being diverted. Check for any updates on route delays, diversions or cancellations.
- Via Rail is operating on its regular schedule, but is warning passengers of potential minor delays.
While most airports are remaining open in Canada, most airports and airlines are warning of cancellations and/or delays for travel to the U.S. East Coast. Airports and airlines are encouraging passengers to check the status of their flights before travelling to airports.
- Toronto Pearson International Airport
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
- Montréal-Trudeau Airport
- London International Airport
- Ottawa International Airport
- Québec City Jean Lesage International Airport
Canada's major airlines have also posted updated information online about flight delays and cancellations:
- Porter Airlines has cancelled all flights to and from Newark, Washington and Boston Tuesday
- Air Canada has cancelled a number of flights to and from northeast American airports. The company is waving flight-change fees for these flights until tomorrow
- WestJet is warning their flights to New York may be delayed or cancelled
Almost 90,000 people in Ontario are without power based on Hydro One's estimates. In Quebec, about 48,000 homes and businesses in the province were without power. More than half of those customers are in the Laurentians.
- Toronto District School Board closed 16 schools Tuesday.
- Toronto Catholic District School Board is reporting that some schools are experiencing power outages, but as of 9 a.m. all schools remained open. Check to see if any schools are closed throughout the day if the board is unable to restore power.
- Avon Mainland District School Board closed Bluewater Coast elementary school Tuesday.
- Check your school board's site for updated information on school closures.
- Private Toronto schools reported closed Tuesday are:
- The Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College at 6100 Leslie Street.
- Upper and lower schools Crestwood Preparatory College in North York.
- The Durham College and the University of Ontario Institute of technology joint campus at the north location.
- Royal St. George College near Bloor Street West and Bathurst Street.