A man who was beaten after trying to stop rioters in Vancouver after the Canucks lost the Stanley Cup final on Wednesday is being hailed a hero online. Video footage of his actions was captured on YouTube and has been circulating widely.
Vancouver's beaten riot hero: Who is he?
CBC News Posted: Jun 17, 2011 12:24 PM ET Last Updated: Jun 17, 2011 4:42 PM ET
Top News Headlines
- Hurricane Maria thrashes Dominican Republic, whips toward Turks and Caicos
- Justin Trudeau to highlight Indigenous reconciliation in UN speech
- 'They should have put this bus up years ago': New routes aim to make notorious Highway of Tears safer
- Creatures great and small: forecasting the future of the North Atlantic right whale
Latest Canada News Headlines
- Residential school runaway remembers harrowing journey that killed his two friends
- Calgary Flames reveal $275M offer, saying they're scrapping pursuit of new arena
- Uncertain future of the North Atlantic right whale linked to its tiny prey
- Canada's plan to push for new peacekeeping pledges called 'hypocritical'
- 'Completely outrageous': Couple say they were denied co-op apartment over sex of baby
- Mother demands answers after son, 8, put in restraints and injected on first day of school
- McDonald's owes apology to child who saved up change, says fellow customer
- Video captures Drake's friend Anthony Soares being gunned down at close range
- Hunter shoots and kills therapy dog in front of owner