A Toronto man has been arrested in connection with an investigation into the sexual assault of multiple children, police said Friday.
Police allege that Robert Dunford, 49, placed himself into a position to be alone with a 3-year-old girl in 2007 and a 4-year-old boy in 2013, and then sexually assaulted the children.
Dunford has been charged with two counts of sexual assault and two counts of sexual interference.
Police believe there may be more victims. Dunford has coached children’s hockey and soccer teams throughout the west end of the city for years, police said.
In a statement released Friday, police outlined all of the programs that Dunford has been associated with:
- YMCA Camp Wanakita, at 1883 Koshlong Lake Road
- St. Giles Kingsway Presbyterian Church, at 15 Lambeth Road
- S. John’s Anglican Church, at 288 Humberside Drive
- Humberside pool, at 280 Quebec Street
- Karen Kain School of the Arts, at 60 Berl Avenue
Any members of the public with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-7474, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637).