Woman posing as parent allegedly stealing cash, electronics from east-end schools: police
Woman has hit 7 schools across East York, the Beaches and Scarborough, investigators allege
A woman posing as a parent looking to register her child for school is allegedly stealing cash, electronics and personal items from classrooms and offices across the east end, police say.
Since Feb. 4, the woman has been going to schools throughout East York, the Beaches and Scarborough during school hours. While at the schools, "she gained entry into unattended classrooms and office areas and stole electronics, cash and personal items," according to a Toronto police press release.
The woman has hit seven schools, police say. They are:
- Adam Beck Junior Public School at 400 Scarborough Rd.
- Blantyre Public School, 290 Blantyre Ave.
- Gledhill Junior Public School, 2 Gledhill Ave.
- Kimberley Junior Public School/Beaches Alternative Junior School, 50 Swanwick Ave.
- Secord Elementary School, 101 Barrington Ave.
- William J. McCordic School, 45 Balfour Ave.
- Malvern Collegiate Institute, 55 Malvern Ave.
Police describe the woman as five feet two inches tall with a slim build and long blond hair typically tied back in a bun. She has been captured on security camera footage, and police released a picture of her on Wednesday.
Investigators ask that anyone with information call 416-808-5400 or Crime Stoppers at 416-222-TIPS.