Woman dies after marshmallow-eating contest
A woman is dead after choking during a marshmallow-eating contest at the Western Fair in London, Ont.
The 32-year-old woman died in hospital Wednesday, a day after collapsing offstage during a Chubby Bunny competition.
The contest features people stuffing one marshmallow at a time into their mouth then saying "chubby bunny" until they can't say it anymore. The person who gags, chokes or spits out the marshmallows loses.
Emergency crews who arrived on the scene tried to help the unconscious woman but couldn't remove the blockage in herthroat. She was revived at the hospital, but later died.
The fair has since cancelled the eating contest.
With files from the Canadian Press