What's open, closed on Thanksgiving
Many stores in the Toronto area have been busy this Thanksgiving Sunday since a lot of them be will be closed for the holiday on Monday.
The main exceptions to the holiday closings are in the Downtown Yonge Business Improvement Area.
The area, which includes the Eaton Centre, runs from Richmond Street north to Grosvenor Street and from Bay Street to just east of Yonge Street. Stores in the area are allowed to open on Thanksgiving.
Also open Monday:
- Vaughan Mills, Square One and Pacific malls.
- Some tourist attractions, including the CN Tower, Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo.
- TTC, on a holiday schedule.
- GO Transit, on a holiday schedule.
- Most major grocery stores.
- Most shopping malls.
- LCBO and Beer Stores.
- Banks, government offices.
- Canada Post.