What's open and closed this Family Day
Most grocery stores, banks, and libraries will be closed Monday for the holiday
Monday Feb. 19 is Family Day. Here is what GTA residents can expect to be open and closed this holiday Monday:
Closed on Monday
Government Offices, Libraries, Banks
- All city offices, city buildings, schools, and libraries
- Provincial government offices
- Sherway Gardens
- Fairview Mall
- Shops at Don Mills
- Cloverdale Mall
- Scarborough Town Centre.
Grocery, Liquor, and Drug Stores
- Most major grocery and drug stores will be closed. However, all 24/7 Metro stores will stay open Monday.
- LCBO and Beer Store locations will be closed
Open on Monday
- There will be regular mail delivery and collection on Monday.
Community Centres and Outdoor Activities
- Many community recreation centres will remain open. Either call ahead or check this website for a full listing.
- 52 city-run outdoor rinks and skating trails will be open, including the rink at Nathan Phillips Square. Many indoor arenas will also be open for public skating.
- Earl Bales and Centennial Ski and Snowboard Centres will also be open.
Museums and Attractions
The following museums are open Monday, and many have special Family Day programming:
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Ripley's Aquarium of Canada
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- CN Tower
- Bata Shoe Museum
- Ontario Science Centre
- Gardiner Museum
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Toronto History Museums
- Riverdale Farm
- High Park Zoo
- Major theatres will remain open on Monday, as well as TIFF Bell Lightbox.
- The TTC and Metrolinx will be operating, but on a Saturday schedule.
- Square One
- Toronto Eaton Centre
- Select Rexall and Shoppers Drug Mart locations
- Select Wine Rack stores