Victoria Day 2014: Fireworks, what's open, what's closed
Here's all the information you need to have a fun, safe and satisfying holiday weekend.
All the information you need to have a fun, safe and satisfying holiday weekend
Here’s everything you need to know about fireworks shows, what's open and what's closed around the GTA on Victoria Day 2014:
- Ashbridges Bay Park on Lake Shore Boulevard East will have Victoria Day fireworks starting at 10 p.m. Monday. The TTC will have increased service between Queen Street East and the Bloor-Danforth line on several bus routes. The park will close at 10 a.m. Monday morning and will remain closed throughout the day for set-up.
- All LCBO outlets in the GTA will be closed on Victoria Day. However some agency stores – local retailers partnered with the LCBO – will observe regular Monday hours or holiday hours. Click here for more information.
- The Beer Store outlets across the province will be closed on Monday, but some locations will have extended hours on Sunday, May 18. Click here for a list of locations with extended hours.
- On Victoria Day, the TTC will run on its Sunday schedule, but trains and buses will begin running at 6 a.m. ET. Any routes that do not operate regularly on Sunday will not run on Victoria Day.
- GO Train services will run on a Saturday schedule.
- All City of Toronto offices will be closed. Emergency services and 24-hour operations will all remain open.
- There will no garbage collection on Victoria Day, which could affect you differently depending on where you live in the city.
- Toronto Public Library buildings will be closed on Monday.
- A number of historical sites, tourist attractions, and recreational and cultural services throughout the city will remain open on Victoria Day. Click here for a full list of events and sites from the City of Toronto.
- All five city-owned golf courses will be open.
- All banks will be closed.
- There will be no mail delivery on Victoria Day.
- Many malls throughout the GTA will be open on the holiday: Eaton Centre (10 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET), Square One (11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET), Vaughan Mills (10 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET) and Pacific Mall (11 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET)