Fire damages 3 Brampton townhomes
Posted: Feb 1, 2013 2:30 PM ET
Last Updated: Feb 1, 2013 7:05 PM ET
Three townhouses in Brampton were heavily damaged Friday when a fire broke out on Beaconsfield Avenue at about 12:30 p.m.
The fire was brought under control about 1.5 hours later.
The two-storey detached homes are near Steeles Avenue West and Chinguacousy Road.
The residents of the homes were able to escape without any injuries.
Latest Toronto News Headlines
- Torontonians speak out on Rob Ford controversy
- Ford needs to speak up on allegations surrounding a video purporting to show the mayor smoking crack cocaine, say people asked on the streets of Toronto. more »
- Big-time lobbyists attended pricey Mammoliti bash
- Two of the most powerful lobbyists at city hall attended a $5,000-a-table fundraising soirée involving Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti, CBC News has learned, raising questions about whether all three people followed municipal rules governing their conduct. more »
- Man charged 20 years later in sexual assault of 9-year-old girl
- Toronto Police have arrested a man in connection with a sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl that happened more than 20 years ago. more »
- Rolling Stones to rock with Mississauga choir
- The Rolling Stones take to the stage in Toronto Saturday night, accompanied by a Mississauga high school choir, for the first of three hotly anticipated Canadian concerts. more »
Top News Headlines
- Rob Ford allies want mayor to address crack use allegations
- Members of Rob Ford's inner circle are calling on Toronto's mayor to come forward and directly address allegations that he was caught on tape smoking crack cocaine. more »
- Royal Bank pledges not to outsource jobs for savings alone
- Royal Bank has promised it will never outsource a Canadian job to a foreign worker solely to save money. more »
- Google Street View captures Galapagos Islands
- Few have explored the remote volcanic islands of the Galapagos archipelago, an otherworldly landscape inhabited by the world's largest tortoises and other fantastical creatures that inspired Charles Darwin's theory of evolution. more »
- Greg Weston: Senate scandal may be Harper's worst hour
- The widening Senate scandal that the prime minister flippantly tried to dismiss as a 'distraction' just days ago has instead become arguably Stephen Harper's worst hour. more »
- Rob Ford fired chief of staff for telling mayor to 'get help'
- Rob Ford allies to publicly call on mayor to address drug-use allegations
- Alleged Ford crack video seller not responding to calls
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford fires chief of staff
- Texting during movie lands complainant in trouble
- Giorgio Mammoliti faces questions over $5,000-a-table event
- 15 teens on school hiking trip found after night in wilderness
- Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart crack jokes about Rob Ford
- Police recover purse of woman who died on subway