2 women sexually assaulted by man with knife, police say
Posted: Nov 12, 2012 5:56 PM ET
Last Updated: Nov 12, 2012 9:50 PM ET
Toronto police are looking for a male suspect who allegedly sexually assaulted two women in the same home Monday morning.
According to police, the suspect knocked on the door of a home in the Avenue Road and Lawrence Avenue West area, claiming to be soliciting newspaper sales at about 10 a.m.
A 25-year-old woman and a 30-year-old woman were inside the home.
He made his way inside the home and sexually assaulted both women, police say.
Police say the suspect was armed with a knife and suffered a wound to his torso after struggling with the victims before he fled the scene.
One of the two victims was taken to hospital.
The suspect is described as a white male, between five-foot-10 and six feet tall. He is clean shaven and has short, dark hair.
Police say he wore a black nylon jacket, black pants and had a white bag.
It is believed that the suspect may have knocked on other doors in the area.
Const. Tony Vella told CBC News that investigators are hoping homeowners with security cameras in the area will contact police, so their footage can be reviewed.With files from the CBC's Natalie Kalata
Latest Toronto News Headlines
- Toronto councillors say Ford scandal not over
- One Toronto city councillor says he doesn't believe Rob Ford and that the mayor should resign. And a top Ford supporter says he doubts the scandal is over. more »
- Big-time lobbyists attended pricey Mammoliti bash
- Two of the most powerful lobbyists at city hall attended a $5,000-a-table fundraising soirée involving Coun. Giorgio Mammoliti, CBC News has learned, raising questions about whether all three people followed municipal rules governing their conduct. more »
- Torontonians speak out on Rob Ford controversy
- Ford needs to speak up on allegations surrounding a video purporting to show the mayor smoking crack cocaine, say people asked on the streets of Toronto. more »
- Man charged 20 years later in sexual assault of 9-year-old girl
- Toronto Police have arrested a man in connection with a sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl that happened more than 20 years ago. more »
Top News Headlines
- Washington police blame bridge collapse on Alberta trucker
- Washington State police say an Alberta trucker was responsible for hitting a steel beam precipitating a bridge collapse on one of the busiest routes in the American northwest. more »
- Royal Bank pledges not to outsource jobs for cash savings
- Royal Bank has promised it will never outsource a Canadian job to a foreign worker solely to save money. more »
- Canada ranks 3rd last in paid vacations
- Canada ranks third last among economically advanced countries in the amount of paid vacation time it guarantees its workers, a new U.S. study indicates. more »
- Group calls for probe of Tory database used in election robocalls
- The Council of Canadians is calling on the Conservative Party to make a list of everyone who had access to its electoral database during the last federal election and turn the information over to the RCMP and the commissioner of elections. "Anything less at this point would be a coverup," the council said in a press release Friday. more »
- Executive committee calls on Ford to address crack video allegations
- Rob Ford fired chief of staff for telling mayor to 'get help'
- Alleged Ford crack video seller not responding to calls
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford denies crack cocaine allegations
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford fires chief of staff
- Texting during movie lands complainant in trouble
- Giorgio Mammoliti faces questions over $5,000-a-table event
- 15 teens on school hiking trip found after night in wilderness
- Jimmy Kimmel, Jon Stewart crack jokes about Rob Ford