Snow squalls possible in areas north of Toronto
Snow may be falling on areas north of Toronto sooner rather than later.
Environment Canada issued a special weather statement on Sunday, advising that snow squalls may result in areas southeast of Georgian Bay tomorrow evening.
Some of the areas nearest to Toronto that could be affected include:
- Vaughan, Richmond Hill and Markham
- Newmarket, Georgina and northern York Region
- Uxbridge, Beaverton and northern Durham Region
- Barrie, Orillia and Midland
- Dufferin County and Innisfil
The weather agency has issued snow squall warnings for areas that appear likely to see 10 or more centimetres of snow.
As of late Sunday evening, the snow squall warnings are in effect for the following areas north of Toronto:
- Barrie, Collingwood and Hillsdale
- Midland, Coldwater and Orr Lake
- Shelburne, Mansfield and northern Dufferin County
- Innisfil, New Tecumseth and Angus
The pending arrival of snowfall has police reminding the public to ensure their vehicles are ready for what Mother Nature has to offer: