Slick roads cause school closures outside GTA
Freezing rain warning lifted for the GTA
A freezing rain warning for the GTA was lifted Wednesday morning but warnings continued for some areas outside the city and cold, wet weather made for difficult driving conditions.
The eastbound Highway 407 ramp to Bayview was closed after a double rollover. CBC Toronto's overnight reporter Tony Smyth described the road in that area as "a sheet of ice." The driver of one car had minor injuries.
Also, some school boards outside the GTA cancelled classes and/or school buses, including:
- Caledon schools open, buses cancelled.
- Simcoe County (west zone), buses cancelled.
- Dufferin County, all buses are cancelled.
The following Dufferin County schools were also closed, including:
- East Garafraxa.
- Primrose Elementary School.
- All buses cancelled in the Trillium Lakelands District School Board.
- Buses to schools in City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton, and Muskoka are cancelled today, though schools are open.