A two-alarm fire that broke out in the Junction Triangle late Sunday is being investigated by Toronto Fire Services and Toronto police.

Toronto Fire say they got a call around 11:15 p.m. about a flames at a residence on Sarnia Avenue, near Lansdowne Avenue and Dupont Street —  the third serious fire on the street since the summer.

 Alison Urquhart owns the three-story semi-detached house next to 12 Sarnia Ave. where the fire began. She was watching television when she heard sounds outside her front door. 

Toronto Fire continues to investigate Sarnia Ave fire

Investigators examine the extensive damage after the late-night fire. (Patrick Morrell/CBC)

"I heard pop, pop and then the sound of my bedroom window breaking. I thought someone was on my porch," she said.

"I saw the smoke billowing and from the reflection on the door I saw flames."

Urquhart yelled for her tenants who live in two units in her home to get out.   They and tenants in the home next door where the fire started, escaped with only minor injuries.

In July and October two separate fires in homes a few doors away killed two people.

Urquhart says it's as if the street is cursed.

"I just don't understand why there are so many fires," she told CBC Toronto.

In addition to the fatal fires, Urquhart says a construction bin behind another Sarnia Avenue home recently caught fire.

"I was telling my neighbour that having a camera installed would be a good idea to see what's going on in this street."

Some residents think this latest fire started on a couch on the front porch, or possibly in the garbage bins nearby. Those bins were completed melted.  

Sunday night's fire was fully involved when crews arrived on the scene. Toronto Fire said they could see black smoke coming from the back of the home and the roof. 

Sarnia Fire

Fire Capt. Adrian Ratushniak said two people were transported to hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns. (Tony Smyth/CBC)

Neighbouring homes were evacuated as crews worked to put out the fire. A TTC bus was called in to use as a shelter.

Toronto Fire Capt. Adrian Ratushniak said two people were transported to hospital for smoke inhalation and minor burns.

The Red Cross was also on scene for residents, as well as Toronto Animal Control who were called to care for a cat.