Santa, Raptors, Argos may cause traffic chaos Sunday
Public transit may be a better option ahead of planned road closures
Santa Claus, the Toronto Raptors and the Argonauts are coming together on Sunday to draw big crowds, road closures and some potential frustration for motorists.
Public transit might be something to consider ahead of Sunday's annual Santa Claus Parade, which begins at 12:30 p.m. at Christie Pits.
About half an hour later, the Argos are hosting the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the CFL Eastern Division at the nearly sold-out Rogers Centre at 1 p.m.
Just over at the Air Canada Centre, the Toronto Raptors will be squaring off against the Portland Trail Blazers. Tip-off is also at 1 p.m.
Expect road closures starting at 8 a.m. along Bloor for the 109th annual Santa Claus Parade.
Parade expected to end around 3 p.m.
The 24 floats and bands in the holiday event will then make their way along Bloor to Avenue Road, eventually making their way to St. Lawrence Market. The parade is expected to wrap up by around 3 p.m.
If you do decide to drive downtown, please remember to give yourself plenty of time to reach your destination, and drive carefully, as rain is forecast.
The road closures include:
- 8 a.m.: Bloor St. W., from Ossington Ave. to Christie St.
- 10 a.m.: Bloor St. W., from Christie to Bathurst streets
- 10:45 a.m.: Bloor St. W., from Bathurst to Bay streets
- 10:45 a.m.: Avenue Rd./Queen’s Park, from Davenport Rd. to College St.
- 11 a.m.: University Ave., from College to Dundas streets
- 11:15 p.m.: University Ave., from Dundas to Front streets
- 11:30 p.m.: Wellington St., from University Ave. to Jarvis St.
- 11:45 p.m.: Front St., from Bay to Jarvis streets
- Click here for the full story on the Santa Claus Parade.