Road closures this weekend in Toronto
With so many events happening this weekend in Toronto, a lot of traffic is expected as the city sees some major road closures.
The Queen Street and Broadview Avenue intersection will be blocked from Monday June 30 at 4:30 a.m. to July 25 for TTC streetcar track replacement.
- Church Street between Hayden and Carlton Streets will be closed from Friday 3 p.m. to Monday 7 a.m. for ongoing WorldPride events.
- Wellesley Street between Jarvis Street and Queen's Park Circle will also be closed due to WorldPride as well the Remembrance Run from Saturday 8:30 a.m. to noon.
- Carlton Street between Jarvis and Yonge Streets, Yonge Street between Carlton and Charles Streets as well as Charles Street between Yonge Street and George Hislop Parkette will be closed for Dyke March Saturday between 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Expect to find alternate routes on this very busy Sunday.
- Rosedale Valley Road will be closed between Bayview and Park Road
- Bloor Street will be closed between Church and Yonge Streets
- Yonge Street will be closed between Bloor and Dundas Streets
- Dundas Street will be closed from Yonge to Church Streets to accommodate the Pride Parade from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Ongoing surface upgrades also mean that the eastbound Gardiner Expressway will be reduced to one lane from Sunday night to Monday morning.
Queen's Park Circle between College and Hoskin Streets will be closed Tuesday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for Canada Day events at Queen's Park.
Scarborough’s Canada Day parade will also see road closures at various times in the afternoon and early evening Tuesday.
- Brimley Road will be closed between Progress and Lawrence Avenues.
- Ellesmere Road will be closed between Midland and McCowan Roads