Pride Week and Canada Day road closures
Pride Week means fun and festivities as partygoers take to the streets, but it also means several downtown routes will be closed to vehicles to make way for revellers. The road closures will take effect the same weekend as Canada Day celebrations.
Church Street Pride Festival (Friday to Monday)
- Church Street from Carlton to Hayden streets will be closed 6 p.m. on Friday to 6 a.m. Monday.
Pride and Remembrance Run (Saturday)
- Wellesley Street East between Jarvis and Queen's Park will be closed from 8:30 a.m. until noon.
Dyke March (Saturday)
- Roads along the route (beginning at Church and Hayden streets, heading north on Church to Bloor Street East, west to Yonge Street, south to Carlton Street, east to Sherbourne Street) will be closed between noon and 5 p.m. The march begins at noon and ends at 4 p.m.
Pride Parade (Sunday)
- Roads along the route (starting at Church Street and Bloor Street East, then heading west on Bloor Street East to Yonge Street, south on Yonge Street to end at Dundas Street) will be closed between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. The parade goes from 2 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Pride Concert at Yonge-Dundas Square (Saturday)
- An area of Yonge Street from Dundas to Queen streets will be closed from 1 p.m. to midnight.
Events related to Canada Day celebrations on Monday, July 1 will also cause some road closures at Mel Lastman Square, Queen's Park and in Scarborough.
Canada Day festivities at Mel Lastman Square (July 1)
- Yonge Street from Park Home Avenue to North York Boulevard will be closed July 1 from 6 to 11 p.m.
Canada day at Queen's Park (July 1)
The following road closures are listed for 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Queen's Park Crescent East from College Street to Wellesley Street West.
- Queen's Park Crescent West from College Street to Hoskin Avenue.
- Grosvenor Street from Queen’s Park Crescent East to Surrey Place.
- Wellesley Street West from Queen's Park Crescent East to Queen's Park Crescent West.
- Brimley Road will be closed from Progress Avenue to Ellesmere Road from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Brimley Road will be closed from Ellesmere Road to Lawrence Avenue from 3 to 8:00 p.m.
- Ellesmere Road will be closed from Midland Avenue to McCowan Road from 4 to 5:00 p.m.
Other closures for maintenance:
- Queen Street from University Avenue to just east of York Street will be closed to eastbound traffic from Saturday until July 16 at 6 p.m. for streetcar reconstruction and road work
- York Street will be closed in both directions from Richmond Street to Queen Street during the same two-week period