Weekend ground search planned for Taneesha Brown, missing since Jan. 12, police say
Police will have command post at Bur Oak Secondary School where the 25-year-old was last seen
York Regional Police say they are planning a ground search for missing Markham woman Taneesha Brown on Saturday, Jan. 23.
Police say a command post will be set up at Bur Oak Secondary School in Markham, where the 25-year-old was seen on security-camera footage speaking to a man on Jan. 12, the night she went disappeared.
The man seen speaking to Brown in the video came forward to police a few hours after it was released to the public on Monday.
He told police Brown said she was going on a journey, but the brief interaction between them did not provide any further clues to Brown's whereabouts.
Investigators also say the police marine unit plans to send in divers to search the pond near Bur Oak Secondary School, but they have not announced an exact date for that search.
- Taneesha Brown captured on video near Markham high school on night she disappeared
- Family of Taneesha Brown, missing Markham woman, concerned for her well-being
Brown went missing over a week ago after saying she was going out to get some fresh air and never returned to her aunt's Markham home near McCowan Road and Castlemore Avenue.
- Taneesha Brown, missing for one week, went off medication before disappearance
- Taneesha Brown told man in video she was starting on a 'journey,' police say
Police say they continue to receive tips from the public, but say Brown has still not made contact with her family.
Brown is described as:
- Five feet five inches tall
- 122 pounds
- Last seen wearing a Muslim outfit consisting of a white, knee-length dashiki, with white pants underneath and a white hijab on her head
- Carrying a black purse
If you have any information contact York Regional Police at 1-866-876-5423 ext. 7541 or you can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-222-TIPS.