Toronto winter storm: York University, other campuses, school boards closed
TDSB programs to continue as scheduled tonight
Many university and college campuses in the GTA will be closed Tuesday evening, with school boards also cancelling after-school programming due to bad weather.
York University has closed its Keele and Glendon campuses. All classes and non-critical services are suspended for the evening.
The Schulich Executive Education Centre and Osgoode Professional Development building will remain operational.
It's one of many campuses and school boards to close this evening. A full list is available below.
The Peel District School Board says its child-care programs will remain open for families, but all other events at its schools, board offices, and work sites this evening will not go ahead because of the winter storm.
That includes continuing education classes, night school and ESL adult programs.
The York Region District School Board has cancelled evening activities as well, including classes, board and committee meetings and community permit activities.
All programs at the Toronto District School Board continue as scheduled this evening.
School board and campus closures tonight:
- Durham Region District School Board: all night classes, community permit activities
- York Region District School Board: all night classes, community permit activities, school board meeting
- Halton Region District School Board: all night classes
- York University: Keele and Glendon campuses closed as of 4:30 p.m.
- Centennial College: all campuses closed as of 3:30 p.m.
- Sheridan College: evening classes cancelled
- Humber College: all campuses closed at 6 p.m.
- University of Toronto, Mississauga
- All GTHL games