Not all parts of the newly unveiled federal budget are being welcomed by senior members of the Ontario government.

Premier Kathleen Wynne says that Ottawa proved on Tuesday that it is on a different page than Ontario when it comes to priorities, while Finance Minister Charles Sousa accused the federal government of being unfair.

“Unilateral actions by the federal government have short-changed and ripped off the people of Ontario,” said Sousa.

He has been in arguments with the Ottawa over a $641-million cut in equalization payments that he hoped would be reversed in this budget.

Other provinces that faced similar equalization payment cuts because of an improving economy was "made whole" by the federal government, but Ontario has been singled out for special, unfair treatment, he added.

"They've increased funding for the provinces like Quebec, by the tune of $1.8 billion, or Alberta, by the tune of $1.2 billion," complained Sousa. "We expected to see long-term investments in our economic future, (but) instead they're playing political games and putting our economic recovery in the cross hairs.

Wynne and Sousa are scheduled to speak further with reporters on Wednesday about their reaction to the budget that has been tabled in Ottawa.

Click on the video above to see a full report from the CBC’s Genevieve Tomney on what they have said so far.

With files from The Canadian Press