Gordon Stuckless is again facing charges relating to alleged assaults on young males in Toronto, years after he was convicted of sexually abusing boys when he worked at Maple Leaf Gardens.
Stuckless was convicted in 1997 of sexually abusing 24 boys when he worked at the Gardens between 1969 and 1988. He was paroled in 2001 after serving two-thirds of his sentence.
Toronto police confirmed the 63-year-old accused is the same individual who was previously convicted and served time for sexually abusing young boys at the onetime home of the Toronto Maple Leafs.
In a release, police said Stuckless was arrested Thursday and faces:
- Six counts of indecent assault on a male.
- One count of assault.
- One count of possession of a weapon.
Police say the latest charges relate to the alleged sexual assaults of two boys, 11 and 13 years old, "at a school, a community centre, and at various other locations in Toronto" during the late 1970s.
Stuckless, who is originally from Newfoundland, was then working as a teacher. He also volunteered at a local community centre and sports clubs, police said.
The alleged victims are now grown men.
Toronto police Det.-Const. Roger Villaflor told The Canadian Press that these men have grown older and decided "that they want closure."
Investigators believe there may be more victims. They are asking anyone with information to contact police at 416-808-7474, or to call Crime Stoppers at 416-222-8477.
Stuckless is scheduled to appear in court on March 22.