Toronto police are searching for a man and a woman accused of stealing a Rolex watch valued at $19,600.
The alleged incident took place on Wednesday, Jan. 13 at the intersection of Bathurst Street and Wellington Street West.
Police say a 32-year-old man put the watch up for sale online, and agreed to meet with a man and woman interested in buying the watch.
During the conversation, the suspects took the watch and got away in a waiting vehicle, according to Toronto police.
Police believe the getaway vehicle was possibly a four-door newer-model BMW 5 series, with a beige or tan interior, dark-blue or black exterior with tinted windows.
The male suspect is described as:
- Approx. 6 feet 1 inch tall
- 25-27 years old
- Chin strap beard
- Wore a waist-length brown winter coat
- Wore a grey Oakland Raiders baseball-style cap
- Wore tan or camel winter boots.
- Had multiple tattoos including a tattoo on his right wrist of a symbol resembling a music note and another tattoo at the base of the palm of his left hand
The female suspect is described as:
- Approximately 5 feet 2 inches tall
- 25-30 years old
- 150 lbs
- Black hair
- Small diamond stud piercing in her left nostril
- Wore a heavy winter coat, 3/4-length, possibly dark-green, with camel-coloured boots.