The Gardiner Expressway will be closed in both directions from Carlaw Avenue to the Humber River from Friday at 10 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. for regular maintenance.
The work will include:
- Catch basin cleaning.
- Pavement markings.
- Replacement of a section of the expressway's deck in the eastbound lane near Cherry Street.
- Pothole repairs at various locations.
- Sign maintenance.
- Closed-circuit television camera maintenance.
- Inspection of 20 overhead signs.
- Guardrail repair.
- Sweeping and litter removal.
- Chipping of loose concrete at the Don Roadway, Jarvis Street, Parkside Drive, South Kingsway and Park Lawn bridges.
Drivers can use Lake Shore Boulevard, the Queensway, Richmond Street, Adelaide Street, King Street and Queen Street as alternative routes during the closure.
TONIGHT 10 pm: Gardiner will be CLOSED from Carlaw at the Lake Shore to South Kingsway for fall maintenance. Reopens Monday at 5 am #cbcto— Joan Chang (@cbcjoanchang) September 20, 2013