Toronto Police Det. Scott McQuoid announced on Monday an arrest in a child exploitation investigation where police believe there may be more victims.
James "Jim" Vanderberg, 57, is charged with making, accessing and possessing child pornography.
His formal charges include:
- Five counts of making child pornography.
- Possession of child pornography.
- Accessing child pornography.
- Making available child pornography.
- Luring a child under 16 years old.
Police say that a man used social media and email under fake names to lure children into pornography. The man created profiles to make himself appear to be a teenage girl in order to contact other teenage girls.
The investigation was brought on by a complaint and lasted six months.
Police say he used the following names and email addresses:
- Abigail Davies; firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Danica Pines: email@example.com.
- Maria Moon: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Natasha Z: email@example.com.
- Jim Victorry: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ashton Gomes: email@example.com.
Police believe there are more victims.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-8500, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637), or Leave A Tip on Facebook.