A section of Dundas Street West near Scarlett Road in the city's west end has re-opened after an early morning fire.

Just after 4 a.m., fire crews were called to an apartment on the eighth floor of a high rise at 3725 Dundas St. W.

When fire crews arrived, flames were seen shooting out a window.

One woman was treated by EMS and taken to hospital for what appeared to be smoke inhalation.

Residents were forced from the building and a TTC bus was brought in to keep them warm. By 7 a.m., the majority had  been allowed back in.