CBC Toronto has received nine nominations for awards in the Central Region. The RTDNA awards honour the best journalists and newsgathering organizations on radio, television and digital platforms across Canada.
Here are the nominations:
- Metro Morning is nominated in the large market category of the Digital Media Award for the morning radio show's interview with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.
- CBC Toronto is nominated for the Ron Laidlaw Award for continuing coverage for the social coverage of the Blue Jays' post season run in October.
- Adrienne Clarkson Award – Diversity — CBC Toronto: Metro Morning — Fathering Change
Byron MacGregor Award (Large Market) – Best Newscast — CBC Toronto — CBC Toronto Radio Newscast Oct. 20
Gord Sinclair Award – Live Special Events — CBC Toronto Townhall — Just In Time Jobs
- Adrienne Clarkson Award – Diversity — CBC Toronto — Made it in Canada series
- Bert Cannings Award (Large Market) – Best Newscast — CBC Toronto — News at Six Oct. 6
- Ron Laidlaw Award – Continuing Coverage — CBC Toronto — Border Insecurity
- Trina McQueen Award – Television News Information Program — CBC Toronto — Our Toronto Nov. 21
A previous version of this article said CBC Toronto has received nine nominations in the "national awards." In fact, CBC Toronto has received nine nominations for awards in the "Central Region."Mar 30, 2016 11:36 AM ET