Toronto Police arrested a 15-year-old boy brandishing a fully-loaded semi-automatic gun on Friday, detaining him inside his high-school classroom.
The youth, who cannot be named under the Youth Criminal Justice Act, was arrested during a police investigation Friday afternoon at Jarvis Collegiate Institute.
He is charged with eight counts:
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of restricted firearm with ammunition
- Possess firearm - serial number altered
- Careless storage - ammunition
- Careless storage of a firearm
- Weapons dangerous
- Carry concealed weapon
The boy is scheduled to appear in court at Old City Hall on Saturday at 9 a.m.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477).