A man accused of making threats on the day of a deadly shooting in east-end Toronto was kicked out of the street party where the violence later unfolded, his sister said Thursday.

Toronto police say that 18-year-old Shaquan Mesquito allegedly made threats to people on Danzig Street the same day that gunfire erupted there on July 16.

Mesquito faces charges of threatening to cause serious bodily harm.

A shooting erupted that evening when two men attending a street party got into an argument. Two people died in the shooting and 23 others were wounded.

Police previously said they had no indication Mesquito was at the scene of the shooting.

Mesquito’s sister says he was at the party earlier that night, but wasn’t involved in the shooting.

"He did go to the party. But then what happened is that they were actually kicked out of the party. Because people were telling them they have to leave, so," Shaniqua Mesquito told CBC News on Thursday.

"He has an alibi for the night, that’s the thing."

Shaniqua Mesquito did not provide details on her brother’s alibi.

However, after the shooting on Danzig Street occurred, police say someone pulled up in front of Mesquito’s home and started firing at the house.

Sources tell CBC News that Mesquito was recently recruited by a street gang known as the Malvern Crew, which has had a longstanding rivalry with another Toronto gang, the Galloway Boys.

Last month, police announced charges against a 19-year-old man in connection with the violence at the street party on Danzig Street.

Nahom Tsegazab was charged with reckless discharge of a firearm. He did not face charges in connection with the two people killed on Danzig Street.