A part of Dundas Street was closed overnight following a four-alarm blaze at a restaurant in the city’s west end on Monday.
Fire crews responded to a call at around 10:40 p.m. at 5138 Dundas St. W., near Islington Avenue.
There was a heavy fire in the basement and the first floor was already collapsing by the time fire crews arrived.
Firefighters were forced to exit the building when the fire spread throughout. They also had difficulty shutting off the natural gas supply because the switch was damaged, according to officials.
The fire was contained and one elderly man required shelter.