2 shootings, 3 stabbings in violent night
Toronto police were kept busy with a pair of shootings and three stabbings in the city's west end on Tuesday night.
Toronto police were busy with a pair of shootings and three stabbings in the city's west end on Tuesday night.
In the two shootings:
- A 34-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot in the back at an apartment on Glenlake Road, near Keele Street and Bloor Street West, at about 10:30 p.m. Police have arrested one suspect and are seeking three others. Police believe the suspects got away in a vehicle that may have been involved in a collision involving a TTC bus nearby
- In the second shooting, in the Jamestown area, a man was shot in the lower leg. His injuries are not considered life-threatening.
There were also three stabbings last night:
- At around 9:40 p.m., at a building on Falstaff Avenue near Jane Street, a man was stabbed five to seven times. The man took a cab to hospital. There is word on his condition.
- About an hour later, at Jane Street and MacDonald Avenue, a cab driver in his 50s was stabbed in the stomach. He is in hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- And earlier in the night, a woman was stabbed at a house party near Weston and Sheppard. She is expected to survive.
Police are looking for suspects in all three stabbing incidents.