Ten full-day kindergarten classrooms in Toronto may still be in need of some tinkering when children return to school on Tuesday.
On Sunday, a Toronto District School Board spokesperson acknowledged that there is still work to do at a small number of classrooms under renovation.
"Some of these sites may be ready within a few days and in some cases, will likely be ready later in September," Ryan Bird said in an email to CBC News.
But Bird said "all classes will begin as planned and all students will be accommodated in alternate classrooms at the school," when classes begin on Tuesday.
Bird said the following schools may still need some finishing touches as of Tuesday:
- Norseman Junior Middle School
- Mason Road Junior Public School
- General Crerar Public School
- Warden Avenue Public School
- Hillcrest Community School
- Regent Heights Public School
- St. Andrews Public School
- Malvern Junior Public School
- Meadowvale Public School
- Rosethorn Junior School