Yvan Gaujean, Claire Limag-Gaujean found dead in Nipigon home

A man and a woman were found dead on Monday at a home in Nipigon.

Eight-year-old boy found alive

A man and a woman were found dead on Monday at a home in Nipigon.

On Monday afternoon, Nipigon Ontario Provincial Police, Nipigon Fire Service, and Superior North Emergency Medical Service responded to a report of two unresponsive adults located inside a house on First Street.
(CBC)

After emergency personnel arrived, Nipigon Fire Service determined that carbon monoxide was present in the home.

Once the house was considered safe to enter, two Nipigon residents — 60-year-old Yvan Gaujean and 45-year-old Claire Limag-Gaujean — were found dead inside.

An 8-year-old boy identified by police as the son of the deceased was found alive and was transported to hospital.

The OPP remains on the scene and is assisting the regional Coroner in the investigation into the incident.

Staff-Sergeant Randy Bye of the Nipigon detachment told CBC News that carbon monoxide is the suspected cause of death at this point.

Bye said source of the carbon monoxide has not been confirmed, but the furnace that heated the home was turned off as a result of the incident, pending the completion of the investigation.

Comments

To encourage thoughtful and respectful conversations, first and last names will appear with each submission to CBC/Radio-Canada's online communities (except in children and youth-oriented communities). Pseudonyms will no longer be permitted.

By submitting a comment, you accept that CBC has the right to reproduce and publish that comment in whole or in part, in any manner CBC chooses. Please note that CBC does not endorse the opinions expressed in comments. Comments on this story are moderated according to our Submission Guidelines. Comments are welcome while open. We reserve the right to close comments at any time.