Missing Geraldton man's body found
Posted: Mar 22, 2013 7:54 AM ET
Last Updated: Mar 22, 2013 7:52 AM ET
OPP say they've found the body of the Geraldton man they had been searching for since Tuesday.
Erik Legarde was last seen on St. Patrick's Day, but at about 11 a.m. Thursday, the 32-year-old’s body was found on a Geraldton bush trail.
Police are still investigating the cause of the man's death and a post mortem examination will take place in the next few days.
Police are asking anyone with information regarding this case contact the Provincial Communication Centre at 1-888-310-1122.
Latest Thunder Bay News Headlines
- Maintenance workers' strike may halt elevators
- If a maintenance workers' strike continues, the agency regulating elevator safety in Ontario says it may need to shut down elevators for safety reasons. more »
- Downpour sets back last year's flooding repairs
- A Thunder Bay restoration company that was just about done with the repair work from last year's flood has been hindered by the long-weekend downpour. more »
- First Nations activist receives international peace prize
- An activist from Grassy Narrows is getting international recognition. more »
- Man admits to removing dead bear's paws, head
- The mystery surrounding a bear carcass that was found without its head and paws earlier this month has been solved. more »
Top News Headlines
- Neil Macdonald: Harper no Obama when it comes to dealing with scandals
- Beset by three so-called scandals at the moment, Barack Obama has been meeting his accusers and the press head on, Neil Macdonald writes. The same cannot be said for how Stephen Harper operates. more »
- Court freezes assets in widening SNC-Lavalin probe
- The RCMP are moving to freeze millions of dollars in bank accounts and real estate holdings in Montreal and Florida in their expanding probe into Canadian engineering firm SNC-Lavalin. more »
- Needed: New approaches to defuse 'suicide contagion' among teens
- Mental health experts say we need to find new ways to refer to and discuss suicide, particularly now that a large medical study has confirmed that teens are more susceptible to the idea if they know a schoolmate who died that way. more »
- 2nd suspect in Tim Bosma case in court today on murder charge
- A second man arrested in the death of Tim Bosma, a Hamilton father who disappeared after taking two men on a test drive, is due in court today to face a charge of first-degree murder. more »