Large fire destroys Clearwater Bay cottage
Posted: Feb 9, 2013 11:29 AM ET
Last Updated: Feb 9, 2013 3:36 PM ET
A huge blaze has destroyed a cottage on Clearwater Bay in the Lake of the Woods area Friday. Fire officials say they're not sure yet on what caused this spectacular blaze at Clearwater Bay.
Flames could be seen shooting high into the air, burning through the entire building.
Fire officials at the Mackenzie-Clearwater fire department told CBC News the cottage was completely engulfed when firefighters arrived on scene.
There is no word on the cause of the fire or on the estimated damage.
No injuries were reported.
Clearwater Bay is located in Ontario near the Manitoba border, about 185 kilometres east of Winnipeg.
Latest Thunder Bay News Headlines
- Strike delays elevator service in Thunder Bay
- A province-wide strike is causing longer waits for elevator service in Thunder Bay. Fourteen hundred Ontario members of the International Union of Elevator Constructors workers have been off the job since May 1. more »
- Neskantaga First Nation finds hope after suicide crisis
- Artwork created by young people in Neskantaga First Nation will soon be on display in Toronto as part of an effort to help the community recover from a suicide crisis. more »
- Anglers face shortage of minnows heading into long weekend
- Anglers in the Thunder Bay area may have trouble buying bait minnows this long weekend, because they are in short supply. more »
- Thunder Bay's Gateway in Minnesota closing down
- Four years after it was launched, an award-winning tourist promotion just over the U.S. border in Minnesota, is being closed down. more »
Top News Headlines
- Rescue attempt over for New Brunswick fishermen
- The rescue attempt for two missing fishermen has been called off in New Brunswick, hours after one body was found. more »
- Spectator killed at Edmonton Jeep event
- A 20-year-old woman died Saturday during an event for Jeep enthusiasts held in a parking lot just west of downtown Edmonton. more »
- Astronaut Chris Hadfield adjusts to 'earthling' life
- Canada's space ambassador, Chris Hadfield, is still readapting to life on this planet after spending 146 days in zero gravity as commander of the International Space Station. For now, though, he's taking his homecoming one step at a time. more »
- Winning ticket sold in Florida for $590M Powerball jackpot
- A lottery official says one winning ticket has been sold in Florida for a record Powerball jackpot of more than $590 million. more »